Local Warning Advisories - Updated as Conditions warrant
Warning Description: Winter Weather Advisory
Warning Date: 2:53 PM EST on December 13, 2013
WarningSum:...Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect From 9 Pm This
Evening To 10 Pm Est Saturday...
Warning Message:Hazardous weather...
* a band of snowfall will begin to develop near I-96 toward 8 PM this
evening. Snow will develop elsewhere from south to north toward
midnight and continue through most of Saturday.
* East winds will increase to around 20 mph late tonight and
continue on Saturday producing some blowing and drifting snow.
* Two to five inches of snow is expected by Saturday evening...
with locally higher amounts possible southeast of I-69.
* travel inconveniences will develop as roads will become snow covered
* Visibilities will be reduced to a few car lengths at times.
* The drifting snow will impact snow plowing efforts on north-
south roads in open areas.
* the Michigan Department of Transportation reminds motorists
to adjust speeds based on the conditions... and to take it
slow in ice and snow.
* Weather preparedness information is available on line at
www.Ready.Gov/winter and http://go.USA.Gov/5og.